Nimkee Nupi Gawagan Healing Centre
The healing centre is a residential place of healing for First Nation Youth, ages 12 to 17, who are challenged with solvent addiction. The program maintains a philosophy of traditional Native teachings and healing practices. As a culturally based program, assessments and counselling being from a place of respect that focuses upon the strengths of Native Youth, Family and community. The 4 month, gender based, treatment program is comprised of the following:
- Assessment and Treatment Planning.
- A treatment program of Individual and group counselling, therapy, recreation using Western methods and Native Traditional Practice.
- Learning Center and Work Placements
- Nutrition Program
- Health Care
- Aftercare Planning and Follow up
- Community Education and Training
There are generally 3 intakes a year; January, May, Sept. Out patient treatment services are offered on an individual client by client basis and is determined by NNHC's human resources and client need.
- Street: 20850 Muncey Rd.
- Postcode: N0L 1Y0
- City: Muncey
- Province: Ontario
- Telephone: (519) 264-2277
- Fax: (519) 264-1552