List of Rehabs in Edmonton, Alberta
This is a list of different drug rehabs in Edmonton. This list is not complete. Use the menus on both sides to find specific categories. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-877-254-3348.
Address of the center
Commitment to Quality
DrugRehab.ca's team of addiction professionals has over 100 years of combined experience in the field of substance use and addiction recovery. They use this experience when assessing each service listed in our directory. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding any of the listings in our directory, you can contact the team directly at Quality@drugrehab.ca. We will utilize your feedback to make any necessary updates to our list of services. This email is used for administrative purposes only and should only be used if you have questions about the content on the website. For help for yourself or a loved one please call the helpline or fill out the contact form above.
Drug rehabs in Edmonton, Alberta, includes detoxification programs, counseling and therapy services, inpatient and outpatient treatment, and aftercare support. Drugrehab.ca provides a directory list of some services in Edmonton and neighboring cities.
Drug treatment programs in Edmonton help adults, children, adolescents, and seniors. When you contact drugrehab.ca, you will speak with one of our qualified counselors, who will help you find what options are available in the city.
However, it has been our experience that successful rehabilitation benefits from finding help outside of the environment you are currently residing. There are excellent resources across Alberta. In addition to our extensive directory, Alberta Health Services provides information for adults with substance use disorders. Our professionals ensure you find the resources and help you need.
Alcohol and Drug Detox in Edmonton, Alberta
Detoxification is an extremely important part of recovery, as it is typically the first step a person takes to overcome their addiction. Detox & withdrawal management is essential in most cases, especially with an addiction to prescription drugs, opioids, or alcohol. Let’s go over a few important points relating to drug & alcohol detox:
- Detoxification is the process of allowing the body to rid itself of a substance while under the supervision of professionals who can help manage the withdrawal symptoms.
- According to the CCSA, the symptoms that can be experienced during detox include a racing heart, hallucinations, tremors, high blood pressure, and seizures.
- A detox program in Edmonton should be followed by treatment, otherwise, the person can be at a higher risk of relapsing and starting to use again.
Inpatient and Outpatient Substance Use Treatment in Edmonton, AB
After a detox program is completed, a person can attend residential or outpatient rehab in Edmonton. This is an important transition and the form of treatment needed is determined by evaluating different factors. Both types can be successful if a person finds the program that is right for them. Here is some information on each of them:
Outpatient Rehab Edmonton
- Such a program gives the person a chance to attend treatment even if they still need to work or take care of their family.
- It is recommended for the person to have a strong support system outside of treatment that can help them stick to it and maintain their sobriety.
- There are also intensive outpatient programs that can provide a more comprehensive approach to outpatient treatment.
- Residential treatment in Edmonton offers a healthy and stable structure for the person.
- The individual is surrounded by other people who are going through similar struggles and who are all working toward the same goal.
- Adequate aftercare services are often provided to ensure the person has support after completing treatment.
Ask a professional
No, Alberta Health Services operates detox centers, outpatient facilities, and residential drug rehab programs throughout the province. In addition, there are private drug rehab centers across the province in smaller communities. Families and individuals can also find counseling and 12-step meetings in most communities across the province.
The cost varies depending on whether the program is outpatient or residential and how long rehabilitation lasts. Initially, province health care pays for substance use treatment, and these are programs operated through Alberta Health Services. Private drug rehab costs vary; for example, a long-term private program can cost $20,000 to $30,000. Private detox and outpatient drug rehab remain the most affordable option.
Opioid treatment options in Alberta include recovery housing, intensive residential treatment, opioid agonist therapy, and support for families. Alberta also utilizes overdose prevention. Treating opioid addiction requires medical detox, residential treatment, and adequate aftercare support.
If the drug rehab program is operated by Alberta Health Services, provincial health care covers the cost. Yet, there could be some out-of-pocket costs such as room and board if it is a residential facility. When paying for private drug rehab in the province, you may want to consider medical financing, payment plans, if the program offers it, pooling resources, or extending a line of credit.
Yes, through Alberta Health Services, parents will find outpatient services, mobile services, intensive day treatment programs, residential detoxification, and residential treatment programs. In addition, there is the Protection of Children Abusing Drugs Program, which allows parents to apply for a protection order if their child’s use of alcohol or drugs is likely to cause psychological or physical harm to themselves or others.