In Manitoba, addiction treatment and rehabilitation include detoxification clinics, inpatient treatment, outpatient programs, 12-step meetings, and other aftercare support options. Drugrehab.ca provides a directory listing of some of these services. You can also find a listing of drug rehab centers in Winnipeg.
No one form of rehab in Manitoba is suitable for every person. Our qualified professionals with drugrehab.ca help you find Manitoba drug rehab centers. Rehabilitation should meet your recovery and treatment goals. For example, this could involve detox and therapy or finding a 12-step meeting.
In addition to our directory services and listing, the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba provides information for Manitobans with substance use disorders. We also recommend considering addiction treatment in other provinces. There are private and subsidized services in Manitoba, yet Ontario, for example, offers more options to consider.
List of Rehabs in Manitoba
This is a list of different drug and alcohol treatment centers in Manitoba. This list is not complete. Use the menus on both sides to find specific categories. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-877-254-3348.
Detox Centre of Manitoba
In many cases, substance use treatment begins with detoxification. The detox process can vary in length, as it depends on each person's history of addiction. Once it is complete, they are now ready to start residential or outpatient treatment.
Inpatient and Outpatient Drug Rehab in Manitoba
Here is some information on both forms of treatment, so you can get a better idea of which one might be the best fit:
- An outpatient program can be more convenient for certain people, as it does not require that they live at the facility. They can go every day to receive the services needed and go back home afterward.
- Inpatient treatment is a more intensive approach to addiction recovery. The person resides at the center for the duration of the treatment. This can be done through a short-term or long-term program. Although this can seem daunting, being away from their usual environment can be extremely beneficial.
Regardless of the treatment program, a person decides on, the important thing is that they receive the help they need. By looking through our listings or contacting one of our addiction professionals, you can get started on your path to recovery today.
Manitoba Substance Use Statistics
- In the first nine months of 2019, there were 3,239 substance use-related hospitalizations in the province.
- During this same period, emergency departments in Manitoba saw 1,237 visits related to a substance overdose.
- Substance use-related fatalities decreased in 2019, with 62 deaths from January to September.
According to the Canadian Substance Use Costs and Harms (CSUCH):
- Substance use cost over $1.7 billion to the province of Manitoba in 2017.
- Alcohol on its own cost $653 million and opioids cost $221 million.
- Opioids cost the province $149 million in lost productivity and $40 million to the criminal justice system.