List of rehabs in Montreal, Quebec
The information below will help you how to find drug rehab centers in Montreal, Quebec. The list could be incomplete, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-877-254-3348.
Montreal's drug and alcohol detox services include medical detox centers, clinical detox services, outpatient programs, and hospital inpatient services. Drughrehab.ca provides a directory listing of some of these drug rehab centers in Montreal.
When you first contact drugrehab.ca, one of our qualified professionals works with you over the phone to locate appropriate treatment resources. Drug and alcohol detox should address withdrawal symptoms and cravings. It should also encourage you to attend further treatment or counseling.
In addition to our directory listings, Health and Social Services in Quebec provide information for Quebecers who have a substance use disorder. Our experience has shown us that you may not necessarily always find the right help in Montreal. There are excellent resources across the province and in other regions of Canada.
Drug Seizures in the city of Montreal
Alcohol & drug addiction often go hand in hand with criminal activities. In the city of Montreal, there were various drug seizures for the year 2021 --- here are a few occurrences:
- In March 2021, the Montreal police seized 50 kg of cocaine, 49 kg of crystal meth, five other types of drugs, and nearly $100,000 in cash in the Côte-St-Luc, Lachine, and Pierrefonds-Roxboro boroughs.
- In mid-June 2021, the SPVM seized approximately 18 kg of methamphetamine and 11 kg of cocaine, as well as speed, Xanax, and GHB in the Côte-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grâce borough.
- The Montreal police said that during an operation in September 2021, they seized over $2.4 million worth of drugs, including 246,000 amphetamine pills, 23,000 Xanax pills, 11,500 speed pills, and 2,500 fentanyl pills, as well as various quantities of other substances.
The only way to fight this epidemic is to provide enough treatment resources for those who are addicted and to promote a general awareness among the public. In Montreal, there are different rehab programs available for anyone seeking help.
Alcohol Consumption in Montreal, QC
The consumption of alcohol is definitely an alarming problem in Montreal and throughout the whole province. Here are some statistics and information related to drinking and driving from the Société de l'Assurance Automobile du Québec.
According to the SAAQ:
- Each year on average from 2015 to 2019, 85 people died and 220 people were seriously injured due to alcohol.
- In order to be arrested and convicted for driving under the influence of alcohol, your blood alcohol concentration must be equal to or over 80 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood.
- The fines for such an offense include an immediate license suspension for 90 days, and if it's a repeat offense means an immediate seizure and impoundment of the vehicle for 90 days.