Drug rehab centers in Nova Scotia include detoxification, inpatient treatment, outpatient programs, and various addiction recovery services. Drugrehab.ca provides an extensive directory listing of these services.
When you first contact drugrehab.ca, you are speaking with a qualified professional. We then refer you to suitable resources in the province based on your information. No one form of substance use treatment is ideal for every person. The treatment you are referred to must meet your recovery and rehabilitation goals.
In addition to our extensive directory listing, Nova Scotia Health provides mental health and addiction services. Generally, these are subsidized programs and contact information for different 12-step support groups. Our experience has been that resources within the private sector have proven to be more successful, even in other provinces. However, there are excellent options available across the Maritimes.
List of Rehabs in Nova Scotia
This is a list of different drug rehabs in Nova Scotia. This list is not complete. Use the menus on both sides to find specific categories. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-877-254-3348.
Different Types of Treatment in Nova Scotia
The Nova Scotia province has a few private substance use treatment programs available. Our qualified addiction specialists can also help a person find treatment outside of the province if that's what they want. There are many benefits that come with private drug rehab – here are some of them:
- With private treatment, you can get the help you need right away, while with government-funded programs, there are often waiting lists.
- If a person can afford to go away for treatment, it can help the process since they will be outside of the environment that may have contributed to their addiction in the past.
Substance use is a problem throughout the province, and there are different forms of treatment available. According to the Nova Scotia Health Authority, there are 42 programs available to help with alcohol & drug use in one way or another and which can provide care to adults, seniors, and adolescents. Addicted.Org also has a listing of the various treatment services in Nova Scotia, including:
- Holistic Treatment
- Outpatient Programs
- Detoxification Services
- Addiction Meetings
- Aftercare Programs
Finding the program that is right for you can be a challenging task. If you are looking for help with a substance use problem, take a look at our directory or call one of our certified counselors.
Nova Scotia Substance Use Statistics and Information
According to the Nova Scotia's Opioid Use and Overdose Framework:
- There were 53 acute opioid overdose deaths in 2016 only.
- Four of these fatalities involved illicit fentanyl, and three involved U-47700, which is another synthetic opioid.
- The Nova Scotia Police identified illicit fentanyl on multiple occasions during this year.
The framework also looked at opioid misuse as a health & social issue that is complex and that has a lot of contributing factors, including:
- Opioid prescribing practices are problematic.
- Unemployment, poverty, and homelessness.
- Gaps in access to addiction & mental health services.
- The pain management training of health professionals.
Based on the Canadian Substance Use Costs and Harms:
- In 2017, substance use cost the province over $1.4 billion.
- This problem cost $461 million to the healthcare system and $251 million to the criminal justice system.
- Opioids alone cost Nova Scotia $139 million for 2017.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority understands that alcohol & drug use is a real problem in their community. They have dedicated a website to Mental Health & Addictions which provides information on the different locations that provide services for residents. Additionally, online tools are made available for employers to use in their work environment or for personal use.